9.22.2008

Manny being.....I won't even say it.

Indifference. That's what I'll label it. There are other words I would like to use but I'll leave it at that. I think this picture tells it all. Sad thing is, I really like the guy--even though everything he does makes me wonder why.


Manny Ramirez quit on his team, his town, and his effort. Check these stats out. In 365 AB with Beantown, he hits 20 HR, has 68 RBI, and bats .299. He cries, complains, bullies the Red Sox employees, stops trying, takes vacations, and then is moved to no pressure LA where in 173 AB he has already clubbed 16 HR, had 49 RBI, and is batting a nifty .399--and is being mentioned as an MVP candidate. This is why I hate Manny (along with the fact that after begging him for an autograph for my dying mother, he consented-- but my pen had dried up in the negotiations so he walked off). I hate him for giving up on me, a loyal Bosox fan who baseball actually means something too.


Wouldn't it be nice to be so good at something that you could do whatever the heck you wanted and your boss would just take it. Or send you to Hollywood instead of firing you. How would that feel? If any of you want to know, I'll tell you...because I am THAT good at payroll.


In case you Dodger fans think you have hit the jackpot on this one, realize two things. Manny is a free agent and will require top dollar--that's #1. #2 is the following, it's Manny Ramirez, and that means it's only a matter of time before he starts acting like the real Manny.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I hope the LA signs him and he destroys the team. I hate that team!!!!!!

Adam said...

Manny is a loser. I'm glad we flipped him for Bay.