9.23.2008

Belichick deserves an Oscar

This one goes out to all the Patriot fans who for some reason are in mourning. I know, I know. You had to suffer through the death of Brady 2008, only to see a pillar of light in a 2-0 start to the campaign with hopes of hooking the Dolphins in week 3, and then...after 45 minutes of football your season was destroyed for the second time this year. You have all given up. Cassel sucks. The defense is old and weak. We can't throw deep to Moss. I know, I know...but there is also something I know that you don't. Trust me, you don't need to worry.

For starters, don't think that we can start winning again because Belichick is going to cheat again. He is not peeking anymore. I have proof. See the picture below. But listen, I know what Belichick is doing, and I am surprised I am the only one. People, we are talking about Bill Belichick, Master Yoda of the pigskin, the Tanya Harding of gameplanning!!! Do you honestly think he could get beat by the lowly Dolphins, at home, by 25 points--when he was trying?


I have it on a good source that the Pats blew Sunday's game on purpose. Think of it. If they kept rolling along and beating everybody on their schedule again, when would the pressure get to Cassel? How much can he handle? Each Patriots opponent would get all pumped up for the game and try to be THE TEAM that stopped the Pats regular season winning streak. Now, after one home loss to the 'fins, the whole league thinks the Patriots are done. They aren't worried anymore. Their guards are down. They don't have to dethrone the king anymore. Nobody does. It's already been done. DO YOU SEE HOW BRILLIANT BELICHICK IS??? Forget the zen of Phil Jackson, THIS is GOOD STUFF!!!

Here Matt Cassel is getting attacked by the Dolphins. Did he question Belichick's pregame talk of "Men, give me 10%!". Let's hear what Matt had to say. "Well, I realized coach was right. Either I get beat to death in one game, or get pounded every week for the rest of the season. I think we all knew which was the better option. I'm pretty sure I would have cracked under the pressure. Whenever I get praised, I blush and can't think straight. I mean, all those girls at Leinhart's house giving me compliments...anyway. So, I needed to be brought down to earth. Now we are the lowly Patriots, and there are no expectations. I can just get back to being the all-state high school quarterback that I am".

Poor offensive line play--was it just an off day? I don't think so.

Cassel's call for help in the 3rd quarter didn't fall on deaf ears

Although Belichick took the week off from gameplanning, he was there to back up Cassel when he needed him.

Belichick spoke to me in a private interview after the game and I asked him what the hardest part of this week was. He told me "Praising Tony Sparano for that game plan was hard, real hard. I think they ran the same play to Ronnie Brown 6 times, but my players did a great job of missing tackles. They really put on a good show tonight. We did a good job of acting, but the Dolphins made it hard. I mean, they really suck".

There you have it New England. Lift up your chin. There is hope. Week 5 in San Francisco will be a beat down. We might not have Brady, but we have the next best thing--a high school quarterback and Master Yoda on the sidelines.



3 comments:

Gina said...

Seriously!! How do you do that?

Jeremy said...

K, first of all I can't believe that they lost to the dolphins. Secondly, thanks to Miami the 49ers will be able to spread them out and beat down the weak patriots who will not make the playoffs this year. Mark my words.

scott said...

And you deserve a Pulitzer.